Friday, February 13, 2009

Away

Dead she sleeps my lover true
A blossom of spring that summer slew
Dead she sleeps all so still
Sans breath sans will

Her eyes don't shine nor her face
It seems she has gone another place
Her heart lies tombed in folded hands
Her garb is greyed like time's sands

Her bosom stays no longer heaves
Her voice is mute no magic weaves
Her lips are parched split apart
like barren land, a broken heart

No tear nor smile decks her soul
No fountain flows nor passion dole
The river has dried; the clouds have left
The bird has flown; the nest bereft

Here I stand; stand and see
The dead half of a living we
I stand and gaze and stand and gaze
Finding no life not a trace

Then...

Dusk does fall; day fades away
cool summer breeze traces a way
I sigh and sing and walk away
My heart grows quiet...

I

walk

away...

4 comments:

  1. Hmm.. Love cannot choose its seasons.. Perhaps the sleep is to escape the harshness of winter, expressed in a few words and a few thoughts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely beautiful, heartfelt. A gem of a poem. Good poetry here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A post after a rather long time...
    I enjoyed reading this poem especially the way it ends. I could actually listen to the voice fading away. I didn't understand JAB's comment though! :-(
    Pardon me when I suggest that "sans" isn't followed by "a" or "the". It would be "Sans breath, sans will"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parvati,

    Thanks! :-)

    E,

    Long time isn't it? I've been a bit more busy with the Tamil blog. But even that's not really busy. Let's see if the cobwebs clear up in the coming days!

    Why ask for pardon for a correction, that too grammatical? I've made the change! :-) As far as JAB's comment goes, perhaps its not meant to be understood, (as most things are with JAB) but felt. And perhaps that is why I have not replied to that comment as well! (Now this is getting all too hush-hush and romantic isn't it? ;-) )

    ReplyDelete