Saturday, December 20, 2014

America

I wish I was in America
Land of far west
I wish I was in America
Land of the blest

I wish I was away
Alone and shivering cold
I wish I knew the way
to the dark roads of old

I wish I was alone
in some strange city
I wish I was my own
left with no pity

Beneath the neon lights
with some soulful song
I wish I spent my nights
that stretched and stretched along

Now,

I know not where I am
who are my bed fellows
I know not who I am
or why the wind bellows

I have no friend here
to speak a soulful word
I have no foe either
to drive a baleful sword

Twixt life and death I float
In this land of naught
No song escapes my throat
It was all for aught

I wish I was in America
Land afar ahead
I wish I was in America
Safe, sound and dead

No comments:

Post a Comment